Letters from hell-Saadia

تفسیر

محفلین
Balkot
Pakistan

Bhaiyaa

Yaa, I do not feel to write Pyaare nor BaRe , neither will I say I am proud of you. I just want to let you that you betrayed me. You betrayed me by telling all those things that have no meaning in this world or in this life that exists. Yes not for those deserving it but it does for those who pleasurize it. Those talks about your virtues, moderation, justice, good, courage and excellent ,
that possible

Damn you Bhaiyaa

Here what I need training in sewing the wound, building the huts, wiping the tears, cooking the lentil and digging the graves

You are hypocrite and liar…You live in your own imaginary world. You have no idea what world and its reality are. You used me. You taught me the thing of no values

You should been here, so you can see what real life is, how one exists…You come and see what is here… here in Balkot… Virtues, moderation, justice, good, courage and excellent that is not possible here. You suffer and suffering is the only virtue you can get. Here is famine, no shelter and severe cold. Do you want to know how we buried 83,0000 bodies, do you? Do you know there were 3 houses, 5 uncle and aunts, mother and 13 children around 15 years old Salma, today there are none. All she has a father with broken legs, who cannot fix a shelter for her to hide . You will see humanity in its best form, yes what I mean best form. She walks with her torn clothes and no one looks at her, she does not need to observe so called pardah. Do you know close to 3 million people have to sleep in a freezing cold night under stars

This remind me when you try to teach me how good the word which are made of –ity. You said look humanity, security, sincerity, tranquility. There are states of being a better sense.

Hog wash. There is no such thing as humanity, security, sincerity, tranquility, but there is only ability and humility. Do you know what they means. Do you

There are no school, no teachers but lots of students, lots of them wondering around and collecting food from garbage

Do you know Yasmeen’s son weigh 11kg, when he should be 15 kg, but there are thousand of those who are malnourished. How would you know? Do you know most malnourish children are in age group 6 month to 5 year and their mothers malnourish too . A foreign doctor tells me that poor diet, scarcity of food is cause of that

Outside temperature is burning hot during day and freezing cold in night

We are showing children Meena. You do not know, who Meena is, why should you? … Meena is the cartoon character of educational materials, that we distribute here. She is a spirited, nine-year-old girl who braves the world

Indeed people like you Bhaiyaa cannot do what you must do, so we have to use cartoon to pump up our children

… And God watches up from heavens. This is hell

ek Behan who is not proud to call you my Pyaare Bhaiyaa
:mad:

Saadia​

تفسیر

محفلین
Balkot
Pakistan

Pyaare Bhaiyaa

I was mad… I was mad on whole world… I was mad at you

But Pyaare bhaiyaa, after reading your reply, I think you are right, but now, I am sad. It is dark and things are quiet and I am crying.....

Today when I picked her up from her mother's arms she was dead. The little one died of hunger and cold. Her mother thought she was just sleeping, but I knew she is not, she is dead, her body is cold and her lips are blue

I did not have guts to tell her... I ran out...let some else tell her

Why god is so cruel...why anybody's god is so cruel. He does not see what he has done to his creation. He has deprived of his own of basic human values, he has taken the food, water and shelter of these human being, These human who once he proclaim to be above all his other creation and who pray to him day and night and bow their head in praise of him. Who can do such things to his own

No, do not tell me it is not his doing. These are not doing of these innocents either. When earth tremble, when sky fall, when river run dry, it is his doing. When that little baby die in her mothers arm that is not mothers doing

And look at those people who sits out there on their carpet and talk hours for his glory and reach out hundreds of year back to see who said what and does it means this and that, those who imprison their women and wed their young offspring, those shameless faces. Would you think they will have enough strength to give friction of their time to helpless, hungry and miser

Every day we get wounded and hungry to center. We tend to them. In the evening I go to villages and give women baby formulae to feed their little one. I teach them what I can...I listen what I can. I keep my courage whole day

But when night comes... and it is all quiet. I cry and I cry ... and fall a sleep

Bhaiyaa, your little behan cries

Aapki Pyaari Saadia

تفسیر

محفلین
Chitta Batta
Pakistan

Pyaare Bhaiyaa

Yesterday I went to Chitta Batta. This is a small village in the North West frontier province of Pakistan. It is located at the highway to Muzaffarabad in Azad Kashmir and its 10km from downtown Mansehra. We have three doctors from New York who have flown out here. Waseem Saeed, Assad Syed and Amjid Mohammed. Bhaiyaa we will be spending time tending to hundreds of stricken survivors in the direct aftermath of the quake. Much of their work involves painstaking reconstructive surgery for youngsters who underwent crude amputations after being seriously injured. Today the doctors told of the continued suffering of the survivors. And they revealed plans to set up a permanent centre in. We are putting in 14-hour operating shifts, and we are slowly but surely making progress. Some of these patients have not had any proper treatment for weeks, and have just been languishing in hospital

I have seen the unthinkable, the unimaginable, the unmentionable...I have many stories to tell you

There is this Usman Camp In charge", He is a 26 year old Pakistani who lost literally everything on that fateful day. His apartment buildings, the Margalla Towers, were the only 2 buildings that collapsed in Islamabad due to poor, if not illegal, construction. Fortunately, Usman was visiting his family when the earthquake occurred. Usman is the manager at Camp Chitta Batta, liaising with the camp staff, tent dwellers, teachers, and various Ngo's those visit the camp on a regular basis. The Camp consists of more than 1,300 people. That's a lot of tents
I had the pleasure of meeting Hafeez. Hafeez Bhai, as we respectfully called him, is an engineer, a scientist, a former pilot, and a nationally recognized photographer, videographer, artist and writer. He is pleasant, soft spoken and humble man. He revealed his many talents after many long discussions into the evenings. Born in Pakistan, he cares very much for the people. He was the mad scientist of the camp. When he finished completing the tent city map and logistics of the Camp, he was off building solar panels

I work in children's camp area and tend to their need, having no technical skill, I decided to teach them English, and they love it. Part of the time I work as a helper at hospital

Life is little more organized in the tent city. I have a tent which I share with 3 other girls from England, They were born in England, but their parents are from Pakistan. They are trained nurses. I wish I had some training of that sort too

Days are hot, long and hard. Nights are cold. We can not fall asleep and stay awake long in night sharing our stories of previous day

Bhaiyaa you take care of yourself. I hope I get your reply fast. I look forward to your long letters. Trust me I am ok smile_tongue

I have some picture to show you. I did not took them

Aapki Pyaari Saadia

11.jpg

8.jpg

7.jpg

تفسیر

محفلین

Chitta Batta
Pakistan

Pyaare Bhaiyaa

As time passing I am realizing that I acted so foolishly to say things I said to you, yes indeed character counts and values are utmost important. There is a place for humility and ability too, but in the end we all are naked and to cover our souls we need virtues, virtues such as moderation, justice, good, courage and excellent, that possible

I know you will never be mad at me … that I know for sure and your love will never ever decrease or change for me… but even…even if I made you unhappy for a spilt of second, I will be sad….Please tell me that you have brush off every thing I said about values

I was desperate, I was mad and I saw no way out…

But what you said was true…. I saw lots of example of love, good and courage and yes Bhaiyaa excellent is possible

Bhaiyaa I am reading Fatima Butto’s book “8.50 a.m. 8 October 2005: Stories of Hope and Courage from the Earthquake in Pakistan “. She has written all the stories of Hope and courage in people of this area. I see that with my own eyes everyday. I wish I could write like her and may be like you.

Even though she knows that how much you dislike those people who are uncapable of understanding the content and concentrate on lousy typos. They think that Urdu world will not survive, if they will not point out them to you again and again. They think that Urdu world rest only on your shoulder

Well, getting back... There is evil lurking every where. Let me tell you about bone chilling news. This news was about two girls Mehak Rani, 13, and Aksa Bibi, 8 who had managed to escape from a detention cell in Babakpura, near Sheikhupura. These two were identified as the daughters of a retired Col Khalid Iqbal, who had been killed along with his wife when their house collapsed in Balakot. After their parents' death, these two girls and their brother Ali Raza 11, were shifted to a relief camp from where they were kidnapped and sent to Babakpura. These three siblings with three other children managed to escape, unfortunately only Mehak Rani and Aksa Bibi escaped, while all the rest of the children were caught. These girls found help on GT Road and managed to reach a police station, and then later the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) were informed who led a raid to the place where they captured and arrested four people Arif Hussain, Nasir Shah, Nazar Hussain and Anwar Raza, who got booked as the kidnappers. Unfortunately no other children were recovered. What happened to those children? Where could they be

Where could they be Bhaiyaa… where could they be… I cry for them… Every nigh I see their faces before my eye… I do Bhaiyaa

Aapki Pyaari Saadia

تفسیر

محفلین
Abbottabad

Pyaare Bhaiyaa

This year winter is not bad, but we do have landslides and heavy rain. We are distributing blankets, plastic sheeting, tents and stoves. We do not have enough warm clothes for everyone so we distributed few to vulnerable children in Danna village, a village close to Muzaffarabad. In some areas we were able to provide heated communal tents. I go to these tents and teach them how to safely use these stoves and avoid fires. I am working for United Nation Health care Relief. They are responsible for supporting the Pakistan authorities in some 160 relief camps housing nearly 140,000 people left homeless by quake

I am teaching now. Here is a little story about Fourteen year old Nazbergam and her sister Sabermina, 15. They have been living in the Banda Sahib Khan relief camp in Pakistan's North West Frontier Province (NWFP) since October's earthquake destroyed their home and those of much of their village. For the first time in their lives, the teen-aged girls are going to school

Our facilities are basic, often no more than a note pad and a spot on a groundsheet, but the classrooms are full and the students boisterous

There is Saima’s picture here. Saima has been teaching at the Banda Sahib Khan school since it was established. She continues to receive her government salary, though her classroom in the town of Balakot, near the quake's epicentre, remains a pile of debris. Most of her new pupils are under 10, but several of the girls are as old as 17. I am in the picture too. You won’t recognize me though. thDancing_Doll I look so different. I had hard time to recongnize myself

For nearly everyone this is their first experience of a classroom. School was never an option for most of these girls. Like Nazbergam and Sabermina, they were expected to help their mothers with domestic chores. Where village schools did exist, enrolment was often just for boys

In the Meira relief camp, the largest in NWFP, teachers estimate that up to three-quarters of their female students had never previously attended school In this camp now 2,700 children attending classes during morning and afternoon sessions

Bhaiyaa is it good to cry often…. I do…. When ever I am alone I do

Please Bhaiyaa, write me big letters. I need them to keep my sanity… I read them... every one of them many times. Every time I read them I feel strong, they give me courage, hope and will to continue

:)

Aapi ki Pyaari Saadia

ED2.jpg

تفسیر

محفلین
ISLAMABAD, Pakistan, August 31 (UNHCR) – The UN refugee agency on Thursday closed its offices in Pakistan's earthquake-affected areas and handed over full responsibility for the management of relief camps to the local authorities

UNHCR will continue to advise the authorities until the end of the year through the UN resident coordinator's office and the Norwegian Refugee Council. The offices closed on Thursday were located in Mansehra in North West Frontier Province and in Muzaffarabad, capital of Pakistan-administered Kashmir

"This was part of an overall framework for the transition of camp management responsibilities to the authorities, in line with the ERRA (Earthquake Reconstruction and Rehabilitation Authority)/UN Early Recovery Plan that was adopted earlier this year," said Kilian Kleinschmidt, UNHCR's senior emergency coordinator

"From the outset, we had made it clear that our involvement would be until the end of the winter and that we would phase out as of September 1, 2006 in a responsible, transparent and professional manner," he added

UNHCR does not normally get involved in natural disasters. But, partly because of their huge scale, the agency quickly started helping survivors of the Indian Ocean tsunami in December 2004 and last year's earthquake in the mountainous Kashmir region, which left more than 70,000 people dead and tens of thousands homeless

Immediately after the October 8 earthquake, UNHCR tapped emergency relief stockpiles in Pakistan, Afghanistan, Denmark, Dubai, India, Iran, Jordan and Turkey and distributed thousands of tonnes of supplies to quake survivors. To date, the agency has handed out more than 21,000 tents, 115,000 plastic sheets, close to 850,000 blankets, 38,000 mattresses and some 25,000 stoves/heaters

At the height of the emergency operation, UNHCR had some 150 staff in Pakistan. The donor community contributed almost US$35 million to this effort.

As the UN's lead agency for camp management in the relief effort, UNHCR supported the government in the running of some 170 temporary relief camps in North West Frontier Province and Kashmir. UNHCR provided material and technical support to the authorities and coordinated with different UN agencies and non-governmental organisations (NGOs) to ensure basic services in the camps

"You can measure the success of our activities by what was averted: there were no epidemics in the camps, few casualties over the course of winter," Kleinschmidt said

Since March, more than 140,000 quake survivors have left the camps for home and over 130 camps are now closed. About 36,000 people remain in 44 camps. In the months leading up to the handover, UNHCR upgraded and maintained services in the remaining camps and identified partners in the UN and NGO community to make sure basic services would continue

As part of its phase-out, UNHCR has developed a fundable capacity-building project for local administration in Kashmir and North West Frontier Province that would assist officials to manage and monitor relief camp operations, returns, reintegration and population movements. "UNHCR will contribute financially to this structure until the end of 2006. Donors, NGOs and other UN agencies have joined us in this effort," Kleinschmidt said.​

تفسیر

محفلین
Saadiaa has return to Los Angeles, California. Presently she is actively involued with an
organization called Global Exchange

Global Exchange is a membership-based international human rights organization dedicated to promoting social, economic and environmental justice around the world. Since our founding in 1988, They have successfully increased public awareness of root causes of injustice while building international partnerships and mobilizing for change

Global Exchange