Should English be Our National Language

فرحت کیانی

لائبریرین
well this is a serious issue that had been under discussion since long now. Infact, we can't deny the importance of English as a universal language. Ofcourse Urdu is not be be neglected as well but in order to cope with the trends and get in touch with the changes at international level, we have to admit that English is worth important. Urdu is a language with wide application so is Arabic but still we have to make ourselves able to think, work and communicate globally as well. Now what happens that a lot of our students apply for higher studies but the main thing that scares them is their inability to be fluent in English. Similarly as we ought to look for most of the matters in business and technology to the international scenario so there is a need to understand the language first.
It doesn't mean that Urdu is of no worth. Ofcourse it is. By looking at other such countries' examples one can say that English may not be a National Language but it must be given prime importance. Somebody in the previous replied suggested the use of local languages at primary Language. This is the most practicable approach. In many countries, local languages are given prime importance at Primary or base level and National and English as a foreign Language go side by side afterwards. This is the best way not to forget one's own language and to make students ready for practical life in all perspectives.

دوست

محفلین
[eng:6129ea316f]This is also a very long discussion but i want to say what difficulties i face in teaching while English Terms are being used now in course by the Govt..
There was a term Acceleration called "isra" in Urdu. Pick a pencil and try to write acceleration in urdu and then "isra" the original word..what is difficult to write??
the alien the English one and it is also difficult to read and i have to apply more skill to teach this Urdu wirtten English..But they are saying it is essential for children to prepare for higher classes where all books are in English..
Our problem is only English nothing else in education.. if it is removed 50% result can be improved but who thinks... :?[/eng:6129ea316f]