please keep scroll bar on the right

سہیل اقبال

محفلین
[align=left:172f989749]hi mods

it is very irritating that the scroll bar is on the right. do we really need to go this deep in setting "urdu" setup that the usibility is compromized? if possible, please keep it on the right for the sake of better usability.

best

Sohail Iqbal[/align:172f989749]

اجنبی

محفلین
سہیل صاحب اگرچہ آپ کا آپریٹنگ سسٹم انگریزی ہے مگر پھر بھی آپ اردو ویب پیڈ کی بدولت اردو لکھ سکتے ہیں ، کیا آپ کے سسٹم میں ایکس پی انسٹال نہیں ہے

سہیل اقبال

محفلین
again

[align=left:9fb40f7d34]My humble request is, my brother, that it really kills the navigability of the site when the scroll bar is on left. If possible, there could be an option (in the site) whether I want it on left or right, so users like me may enjoy their time visiting the site. And I strongly believe that scrollbar position is, by no means, related to urdu typing issue.

I also want to say that, (still for strong usability perspective) that we should keep “only the content” in urdu, not every navigational elements or button need to be translated in urdu, as I see no point in keeping some buttons in English and other merely writing English terms in urdu (as seen on many buttons on this site), and you will agree that using “daqeeq” urdu (translating every thing in urdu) will make it almost completely meaningless/useless for general public.

Why not put a poll on this suggestion, that site navigation be in plain English (default standard button, messages), and “content only” be kept in Urdu (posts only, information pages, right align), and see what pubic opt for.

This will help marinating the site in better look and feel as urdu font tend to destroy the phpBB layout (repeated BGs in tables and etc).

Shud u need my help, I’m open.

8)
Regards

Sohail[/align:9fb40f7d34]

جہانزیب

محفلین
someone have to creat whole new lay out of BB to make scrollbar apear on left and i think either it is on left or right it doesnt make any big difference or doesnt stop a user to navigate the board..
all other things you have said it is because you are not used to them that is why it seems difficult other wise instant messeage and فوری پیغام doesnt make any big difference.. we have created this BB to right urdu but still you are writing in english because you are not use to type in urdu w hen you will get use to it every thing will be perfect.
Also there are all translations available in phpbb translation section you can use them and can make a test board if you can change the lay out in test forum let us know here so we may use it here too.

نبیل

تکنیکی معاون
سہیل، آپ کے مسئلے کا تکنیکی حل موجود ضرور ہے لیکن ہمیں اس کے لیے وقت دیں۔ اس فورم کی ڈیفالٹ لینگویج اور ٹیمپلیٹ اردو والی ہی رہے گی۔ اس کے علاوہ انگریزی لنگویج اور متعلقہ ٹیمپلیٹ بھی فراہم کردی جائے گی تاکہ آپ اسے اپنے پروفائل میں منتخب کر سکیں۔ اس میں مجھے کچھ وقت لگ سکتا ہے کیونکہ میں اور کام میں مصروف ہوں۔