تعارف Little confusing ...

محمداحمد

لائبریرین
I hope I am not posting things in the wrong place blindly
there should be some help for beginners

All right This is introduction section.

You can introduce yourself here.

How much Urdu have you learned yet?

Share here what did you learn yet in Urdu. Urdu Mefil friend will be pleased to help you.

یہ تعارف کا ذمرہ ہے۔ آپ یہاں اپنا تعارف پیش کرسکتی ہیں۔

اب تک کتنی اردو سیکھی ہے آپ نے ۔یہاں بتائیے کہ اب تک کتنی اردو سیکھی ہے آپ نے ۔ اردو محفل کے دوست آپ کی مدد کرکے خوشی محسوس کریں گے۔

اب کوئی مجھے انگریزی سکھانے کی آفر نہ دے دے۔ :D

محمداحمد

لائبریرین

Of course! see this link.

Hello everyon
my name is Gizem
I am from Istanbul Turkey and a a student
I am learning Urdu
This forum is interesting but its so hard to participate as everything is only urdu and there is no help or alternate language
I could make account with the help of our professor
I hope I can learn some new things about Urdu and people of urdu here.
If you know any better resource to get started please let me know
I am still learning urdu alphabest so its maybe too early to start using this forum
I will like to speak someday
and maybe then I can travel too
thank you
Gizem

گزم

محفلین
We say Merhaba in turkey to greet
as urdu says selam

\oh thanks to everyone for such a warm welcome
I am surprised and happy
I am beginner in this language and can read alphabets but still not very fluently and because urdu alphabets are always joined so i find it very hard to distinguish letters
it could be easier if it was like english , all alphabets separate
anyway but this writing style is very beautiful and appeals to eyes
its like a calligraphy
we have just one class in one week and its only 45 mins

I think i will take years to be able to conversation level
Shukriya
tesukker ederem

دوست

محفلین
Marhaba is Arabic word, we also use this word but normally we say Khush Amdeed (taken from persian) and meaning "welcome". "Salam" is also used but it has more religious connotations as all Muslims will say Salam regardless of their language and mostly muslims of the world are able to understand this word.​
You will be overwhelmed with surprise we are such an enthusiastic people for our guests. And you are from Turkey, brother country :)
The last one "Shukrya" is Urdu (Thanks), the other one is probably from Persian meaning the same (or perhaps Turkish?)​
You know once Turkish had the same writing system as Urdu, Arabic and Persian have. Don't worry you will learn Urdu soon. Just keep it going :)

گزم

محفلین
I have a question out of curiosity, if you don't mind Gizem Hanim... Why are you learning Urdu? Urduca’yı niçin öğreniyorsunuz?

I have always been inspired by all the inscriptions on our historical buildings in Turkey, and they are all in old Turkish alphabets, which are similar to Persian or Arabic.
Sadly young generation cant read anything of them, and millions of books in our libraries, thousands of manuscripts and historical writings are now just a piece of museum art.
I actually wanted to learn that writing so that I can read it , and for that I need to learn Persian, Arabic and maybe Urdu but my University is offering only Urdu at this moment , and our professor said once I am familiar with Urdu, I will find it easier to walk up to Arabic and Persian.
So I just signed up for the class and here I am.
I also signed up for calligraphy class and I am learning writing too

حسان خان

لائبریرین
I have always been inspired by all the inscriptions on our historical buildings in Turkey, and they are all in old Turkish alphabets, which are similar to Persian or Arabic.
Sadly young generation cant read anything of them, and millions of books in our libraries, thousands of manuscripts and historical writings are now just a piece of museum art.
I actually wanted to learn that writing so that I can read it , and for that I need to learn Persian, Arabic and maybe Urdu but my University is offering only Urdu at this moment , and our professor said once I am familiar with Urdu, I will find it easier to walk up to Arabic and Persian.
So I just signed up for the class and here I am.
I also signed up for calligraphy class and I am learning writing too

That's great.. and yes, once you know Urdu, the Ottoman Turkish will be a piece of cake for you.

حسان خان

لائبریرین
Sorry, it's a bit off-topic, but I feel it's very heart-wrenching that the Turks themselves don't value their richest heritage and are unable to study their ancestors' accumulated knowledge and literature of more than thousand years. :(

گزم

محفلین
Sorry, it's a bit off-topic, but I feel it's very heart-wrenching that the Turks themselves don't value their richest heritage and are unable to study their ancestors' accumulated knowledge and literature of more than thousand years. :(
You are right
this is a very unfortunate situation
just imagine that politicians decided to dump the Ottomen language and they adopted new Turkish inspired by French, and overnight millions of books and knowledge and everything turned into history.