آزادی مارچ اپڈیٹس

زرقا مفتی

محفلین
By9QyzDIQAAtpai.jpg

ویسے یہ بات درست ہے کہ گو نواز گو کا مطلب نواز اگے بڑھو ہے ۔ اسی لیے امریکہ میں پٹی ائی والوں نے نو نواز نو کے نعرے لگائے

زرقا مفتی

محفلین
LAHORE: A commission appointed to examine polling bags and other records in NA-125, Lahore, has found several irregularities in the election, which was won by Khwaja Saad Rafiq of the PML-N.

Lawyer Hamid Khan of the Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf, who was the runner-up in the constituency, had challenged the result before an election tribunal and sought to inspect the polling record.

Know more: ECP says 40 presiding officers were replaced at PTI candidate’s request

The hearing of the petition was transferred to Faisalabad after the PTI candidate showed distrust in the presiding officer of the Lahore election tribunal. The Faisalabad tribunal appointed a retired district and sessions judge, Sheikh Mohammad Tareef, as head of the commission, which submitted its report to the tribunal on Sept 29.

The petitioner’s side will carry out cross-examination on Saturday (Oct 4).

The head of the commission said in his report: “After examining each and every polling bag and minutely viewing the state of affairs carried out in this constituency, there is gross mismanagement and the polling personnel carried out the election process clumsily for reasons best known to them.

“The polling bag of each polling station shows that the process of the election carried out is the result of gross mismanagement.

“There were 265 polling stations and for each station one polling bag was assigned, but assistant returning officer (ARO) produced 253 polling bags out of that a number of them were related to provincial assembly constituency. Thereafter 179 more polling bags were produced before the commission making a total 432 polling bags.

“The available polling bags contained waste and litter having a smeary dirt and mixture of disagreeable to the sight that reflected carelessness of polling personnel.

“In fact each polling bag of entire constituency is in the condition of such a mess that it can be said to be a trash and rubbish for reasons best known to the polling personnel.”

On close examination of bags, the report said, the commission found worthless things in a heap of litter and nothing was left for inspection.

It said that the polling staff failed to record what sort of articles were received from the returning officer (RO) and which articles had been consumed on the day of election. Polling bag of each polling station did not carry the essential record. The RO had not performed his duty regarding issuance of the inventory of articles to each polling station.

The report said that in the absence of inventory record, the evaluation of the ballot papers counted by the polling officer could not be held. Since everything had been done clumsily, no record was recovered from the dirt and litter of each polling bag as the polling personnel did not perform duty properly.

“Even voter list was not found from a large number of the polling bags. And where voter list was found the ballot papers were not tallied with the number of votes.

“The record of invalid votes was not found in any polling bag of the constituency, therefore, the question of recording any finding about rejection of votes did not arise.”

Published in Dawn, October 3rd, 2014
http://www.dawn.com/news/1135883

زرقا مفتی

محفلین
[Testimonial by Dr. Sarim Rashid Gill on Lahore Jalsa]

“My Pakistanis, you have not left me alone and I promise, I will never leave you alone in sha Allah”, he ended with these words.
This Azadi movement started on 14th August, 2014 from Zaman Park, Lahore. Lahoris including me as always stood with Imran Khan and gave him a historic start from Lahore taking more than 12 hours to cross the Ravi Bridge.

In Islamabad, for 45 days I along with millions listened to his every speech, every word of his. Ups and downs came, but his perseverance lead to his success. His words reached millions around Pakistan. ‪#‎GoNawazGo‬slogan started chasing Sharifs wherever they went, be it within Pakistan or United Nations Headquarters. This movement expanded and it reached Karachi. On three day notice, Karachi despite all the fear and polarization stood with him. And then, he announced to come to Lahore, to make a hat-trick at Minar-e-Pakistan which had never happened in Pakistan.

Lahore started preparations to answer the call of Great Man. Rallies, corner meetings, online campaign, buying flags, bands, caps and a lot more continued for the whole week. Pre-Jalsa rally was held on 27th September from Wateen Chowk to Minar e Pakistan via Liberty Chowk and this gave the tsunami shocks to the rulers beforehand. 27th was a like a Chaand Raat in Lahore. The sun rose on Sunday and it wasn’t a normal day at Lahore. All roads led to Minar e Pakistan. Crowd started gathering at the ground early morning. I left my home to pick up the families who were to accompany me. Many camps were set all over Lahore. On my way, I saw many people going in rallies towards Minar e Pakistan. It took me more than 2 hours to reach Minar e Pakistan ground which in normal days, one can reach in half hour from my place.

I entered the Majestic Minar e Pakistan ground around 5 pm and it was full. Thousands were standing outside in ques. First voice I heard was of Faisal, “Lahoreeeeeee!!!!” As there was time In Imran Khan’s arrival I moved around the ground to observe people who had gathered there. I saw people from all classes there. I had attended the previous political gatherings of PTI too but what I found different in this was that more lower class people were present and the 45 days speeches had really reached the masses. All around, I observed passion to get Freedom from the Kingdoms running in Pakistan; be it the Sharif one, Bhutto one or the military one.

Speeches of Mahmood Ur Rasheed(my MPA from PP151 and opposition leader), Aleem Khan(Lahore President and excellent organizer of this Jalsa), Ejaz Chaudhary (President Punjab who have mobilized the masses all over Punjab), Murad Saeed (in whom I see the future of PTI), Jehangir Tareen, Sheikh Rasheed and SMQ were all a treat to listen in crowd full of energy. Not to miss, speech of Abrar Ul Haq along with his new song “No badshahat” was best. DJ Butt music effects during the speeches, patriotic anthems and “Larho Mujhey” documentary by Bilal Khan are all a memory to remember always. And then, came the time for the historic speech of the Great Man.

Imran Khan took the microphone and started as always with the praise of Allah. Listening to all his speeches for last 45 days and hundreds of his other speeches and interviews during his political career has already made me memorize most of his points. People say he is repetitive, I say he is consistent! Promises he makes with the nation, qualities of the leader he tells, fight for electoral reforms for last 15 months, promises he takes from us and the vision of Naya Pakistan have always been the same. He thanked Lahoris once again for the support they have shown for him when all the debt was on us for waking us up.

He concluded with these words, as humble as always. “Lahoris, it’s my promise with you. Your grief will be my grief. Your sadness will be my sadness. Your happiness will be my happiness. My Pakistanis, you have not left me alone and I promise, I will never leave you alone in sha Allah”

There was National Anthem, Shafqat Imanat Ali sang a song and it ended. I sat on a bench near the exit gate for 15 minutes. I saw people leaving the ground, happy, full of energy, satisfaction that they have done it. They had conquered Lahore for the third time in last 3 years. I felt the change more than ever in those 15 minutes. I saw people ranging from 6 month old to 80 year old all full of hope. I went close to stage one more time, more than half the ground was still full and people were dancing to the anthems like they were already celebrating freedom. I turned, took one picture with the victory sign which I am attaching here and left. Pakistan, my friends, has changed. Status Quo has been challenged like never before. Even if Khan doesn’t become Prime Minister, he is the reason we are awake now. In his words, it’s not becoming the PM which is important, it’s the nation building which is. He is hope of millions including me and with our power he will be PM soon.

In the end, I just want to say one thing. Yes, you guessed it right!
It’s Go Nawaz Go!

Dr. Sarim Rashid Gill

10672109_863620473680374_9156801062694880445_n.jpg