The Burning Valley !

نور وجدان

لائبریرین
The Burning Valley !

While going to start a narrative of Kashmir Valley I can really smell the aroma of tulip , lily flora and many others . Also I can feel my entrance into the Pari Mahal ,Verinag ,Chashma Shahi, splashing the water streams viewing the panorama of flowing lakes and extended hills . No doubt , it is heaven on the Earth . But the paradise changing into barren land is very tragic indeed . But what is more frustrating to me is the cost of human lives . They are being massacred and prisoned because they are born in heavenly abode .It has become burning ground between regional powers : China,Pakistan and India .The Tripartite conflict has worsened their condition like a sandwich which is being toast till turned into black .The justices delayed meant for justice denied which itself is a threat to the justice indeed. The fact is being ignored for vested interests and selfishness of regional as well as global powers .The valley is burning and ashing ,which stands for beauty , fragrance , flowing lakes and lush green fields.Whenever I think about pathetic condition of its people , I am not convinced that Pakistan is really founded on ideological basis : if it was then why we had lost our Eastern border , and have fears of splitting Pakistan into many states .

The long standing lingering issue could have been solved .But it requires serious efforts from adjoining territories . Pakistan , India and China were colonies of powers .The freedom exalted to enslaved nation was not out of cost .Its theology was based on the doctrine of division which tore down strategic pieces of land : Askai Chin , Aranachal Pardesh and Jammu &Kashmir.Earlier Pakistan and India , both claimed that Askai Chin is a part of Laddakh and China claimed over Aranachal Perdesh .China settled its disputes both with Pakistan and India to dominate the region economically and militarily as well.But case of Kashmir had always been sidelined never to solve again . Different suggestions were presented time to time to settle the fury of common masses .The 1948 war turned India towards UN Security council for the settlement of issue because Pakistan had gained victory timely and resulted in the formulation of Line of control .We could not get Kashmir back having majority populace Muslim and had to fight for Kashmirs in 48 , 65, 71 and in 1999.

International community and regional powers wanted to solve the issue peacefully without any conflict. India claims Kashmir is its integral part while the similar stance is acquired by Pakistan as well . According to UN security council matter should be dealt by the consent of its inhabitants .Like in past when India succeeded to stop the further succession of Pakistan in Kashmir acknowledged cease fie line as line of control but denounced the plebiscite which was the basic right of Kashmiris . The prolonged debate over the issue has changed the mindsets of its people : It has been divided into two factions , one which wants a separate state and other tend to accede with Pakistan. Demographics study revealed 99% of population of Azad Kashmir is Muslim, and 56 % of hindus in jammu ,36 % Buddhist and in the Ladahk region 46 % are Muslims and 53% are Buddhist . India holds majority in Jammu only .Keeping in view the statistics , the matter should be solved according to the consent of Kashmiri` Muslims either their accession with Pakistan or an independent buffer state .

Why Kashmir has become burning ground ? The high mountains of Kashmir has become a power house of Asia .Himalayas ranges from Askai chin , Nepal to Aranachal Pardessh has become ground for damming . The world highest dams are being constructed on the peaks of Himalayas which are working for water diversion and production of Electricity.So damming and diversion has created water shortage . Pakistan being agricultural economy can not bear the water shortage issue due its diversion.The baglihar dam is being constructed against Sind Tas treaty . Will India surrender its hegemony over retained part of Kashmir with the growing hunger of energy for industries ? So it has become bone of contention between two states .

According to me Kashmir should be made buffer independent state so it may control its own resources .It will definitely solved the issue because the new state may sign agreements regarding water diversion and damming .It will bring prosperity in the region of Kashmir and tourism industry will also flourish due to its ever green alluring natural scenes .It will strengthen internal stability in Pakistan and increase trade between regional countries.In order to save Baluchistan and Gilagat Baltistan area , the resolution of
http://sadiasheikhs.wordpress.com/2014/03/14/the-burning-valley/ Kashmir conflict is needed direly .​