MediaWiki Installation

Should this portal move to MediaWiki

• Total voters

جیسبادی

محفلین
[align=left:21bdda0921][eng:21bdda0921]Turns out that installing MediaWiki is pretty straightforward (at least on Linux). This is the
software that powers Wikipedia. Help page explains all:

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Installation

If you have installed Wordpress before, the procedure is similar.

Given the shorcomings of the wiki software used on this portal, maybe the time is right to move to MediaWiki. No other wiki software has support for multilingual issues as MediaWiki.

What do the members of this place think about this idea?
cc[/eng:21bdda0921][/align:21bdda0921]

نبیل

تکنیکی معاون
[align=left:d27fa391a5][eng:d27fa391a5]
AssalamOAlaikum.

I think I have, on more than one occasions, clarified that installing a software is hardly any problem. It is the continuous administration that costs a lot of time and energy. This includes performing timely upgrades as well incorporating necessary enhancements where necessary. Every component of urduweb (mehfil, blog, planet etc.) incurs considerable time cost. Installing another wiki software will only make things more demanding. If somebody is ready to volunteer his/her time for administering the wiki including the transfer of data from existing wiki installations, I will install it.

Regards,
[/eng:d27fa391a5][/align:d27fa391a5]

قیصرانی

لائبریرین
نبیل نے کہا:
[align=left:6c5bf8b9b7][eng:6c5bf8b9b7]If somebody is ready to volunteer his/her time for administering the wiki including the transfer of data from existing wiki installations, I will install it.

Regards,
[/eng:6c5bf8b9b7][/align:6c5bf8b9b7]
[align=left:6c5bf8b9b7][eng:6c5bf8b9b7]With pleasure, dear sir, but in your kind guidance :)[/eng:6c5bf8b9b7][/align:6c5bf8b9b7]