Pakistani Taliban invite PML-N, JI, JUI-F delegation to visit tribal areas; terms Imran Khan as non-

زرقا مفتی

محفلین
Peshawar: Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) on Wednesday invited the delegation of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N), Jamat-i-Islami (JI) and Jamiat Ulema-i-Islam-Fazal (JUI-F) to visit the tribal areas, safe heavens of al-Qaeda and its associates, for starting peace negotiations.

Earlier, expressing their willingness for conditional peace talks with the government, the Pakistani Taliban have called for three politicians of the country to act as guarantors for its proposed negotiations with the government for putting a stop to the conflict in the tribal areas of Pakistan.

In a video interview, Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) spokesman Ehsnaullah Ehsan said that if Pakistan Muslim League – Nawaz (PML-N) chief Nawaz Sharif, chief of the Jamiat Ulema-i-Islam – Fazl (JUI-F) Maulana Fazlur Rehman and Jamaat-i-Islami (JI) chief Syed Munawar Hasan acted as guarantors for the talks, the group would be willing to negotiate with the government.

Talking to media from an undisclosed location on Wednesday, the TTP spokesman Ihsanullah Ihsan said that the group would guarantee the security of the delegation in their stronghold.

“The aim of the invitation is to convey the demands of Taliban to the delegation,” he said adding that the militant group wanted to strike a successful peace deal with the government.

“We don’t believe Pakistan army, therefore we have not invited the security forces for the talks,” he said.

Responding to the media queries about not inviting Imran Khan, famous as Taliban Khan, for the talks, the spokesman said that the Pakistan Tehrik-i-Insaf chairman was as non-serious as the Pakistan’s Interior Minister Rehman Malik.​