I stood first in district english debate competition.

Assalam O Alaikum:
Folks,
Probably you know that in Punjab, on directions of CM, Debates and essay writing competitions are being conducted. And every private & public school or college is entitled to participate. So my college GOVT College BUREWALA selected me to represent it at district level. The competition was held at Dec. 9, 2008. There i made a debate while representing my college and won the competition by getting first prize. And i would be awarded 20000 PKR at Dec. 24, 2008. Additionally i am invited to participate at Division level.
The topic of debate at district level was " IS Democracy best system for governance"
I made it in negative side,
What was that:
You may see your self

Thomas Jefferson says:
“A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty one percent of people may take away the rights of other forty nine”
Respected President and honorable audience;
This is MNA.I am here to make it clear to you that democracy is not best for governance. As you know the topic of this debate “Is the democracy the excellent system for governance?” Such simple words mean so much to so many people across the world, think about those people that are Eritrea (Communist country in Northern Africa) who are suppressed and have never known what it is like to choose your own leader. Some are willing to lay down their lives to protect democracy in the world. And some have laid down their lives for my democracy in Pakistan, think of the civil society protest against dictators of the time.
Mr. President, This world is run by politicians and because of democracy all that matters is not ability but popularity. People don’t understand because someone is popular, socialite, and knows what to say to media, it doesn’t mean that they know how to lead people. With the advent of 21st century mass media communication, voting for the leader doesn’t depend on whether that leader can do the job or whether they have a proven track record, its all about popularity, having mass meetings, making fancy theoretical speeches that will put any university professor to shame, spending millions on advertising yourself to the public as a good leader. Most of these things are based on false pretense or deceptions, most politicians don’t write their own speeches, most only care about vote and most people don’t care about what the leader can offer them, they get caught up in the hype that is generated by the elections manifestos.
Mr. President, Let’s face it democracy has not delivered all that it promises to be, most politicians aim at abusing democracy to get into positions of power. When was the last time you came across a politician telling the truth? A good reputation is not longer a requirement for leadership but who you know has become the primary requisite in the most of places, and how good your public relations team is!
Now coming to our local scenario, where you can see a democratic government has been established, political system has resurfaced, But Mr. President, be honest what did we get, as a nation, get through all this process? We protested against Musharaf and started a fight against his dictatorship only to regain democracy in the country. We sacrificed; we went to jails for the sovereignty of the law and democracy, and finally rejected him and his allies in the general elections of 18th February. We voted for democratic parties. We voted for the sovereignty of the parliament. We voted for the change. These guys can claim that country is democratic now, but Mr. President I can’t see any change except army dictatorship to civil dictatorship. That time army General used to decide the policies of the country and now likely so called democratic immature president is dictating the country’s policies. The parliament is still being bypassed. Personalities are still preferable to institutions.
Chief Justice is still begging for justice, lawyers are still protesting for the sovereignty of the law and constitution. The territory of the country is still being disrespected. Then tell me is it democracy for which we laid down our lives? Now the country is passing through the financial crises. Stock market is inactive for couples of weeks in the reign of the democratic government. Capital is going out. Foreign investment has decreased 85%. Foreign reserves have shrinked from 16 billions dollars to 6 billion dollars in the rule of democratic government. Economy is facing highest in history current deficit. These are all the aftermath of the establishment of democratic government after 18th February. Mr. President, on the other hand you know major economical breakthroughs were achieved in dictator’s rule.

Do comment

nadeem501

محفلین
Burewala News Online has added your speech on its page for the backing of your spirit. Dear I am Nadeem Mushtaq Ramay please send me your photo, brief introductionwith your father name, address and family history and keep me updated about your achievements at at cell number 03006991398. Thanks and keep it up mat

thanks

Asslam O Alaikum;
Thanks Mr. NAdeem for appreciating me. It really my pleasure to see myself at your site. i am really grateful to you.
And i appreciate your aim to support talent in burewala. I don't know about you well, but have seen your site for plenty of times. i really liked that, but not regular visitor(sorry).
I will phone you so its ok.
one thing i should mentioned that you stated that i was awarded with 20000 Rupees, this is not true because, prize ceremony is to be held at Dec. 24, 2008 where i would be given cheque of 20000 Rupees by MS. Tehmina Dolata(Chief Guest invited for prize disrtibution.) She is MNA, you know
Anyway i am MNA too. But don't be scared as this is not member of national assembly but Muhammad NAdeem Azam
Thanks for spirit.

Thanks

Hmmmm,
I am very thankful to you for your compliments.
Yup! I got prize of Rs. 20000 cash in prize ceremony ceremony held at Vehari. Ex-Minister MNA Miss Tehmina Doltana was chief guest. All position holders from Primary, Middle, Matric, Inter and Degree levels were awarded prizes. The ceremony was really excellent particularly for me. I repeated my debate there and performed again infront of Miss Tehmina. I made the debate against democracy as stated above. She really appreciated and when i concluded my debate by commenting "At last i wanna say something to Chief Guest, Madam Tehmina Doltana, Ma'm Though i made debate against democracy but that were just arguments that one can put in account against democracy but can be deceased by counter arguments. Though i am still at the same stance, that democracy is not the best system for governance but this is best available option for governance.I am great supporter of democracy, as myself is concerned. So i can, as a student like to say to you that you as, democratic parties, please carry on because i think the future of Pakistan is with the democracy. If we have to progress, then democracy should be our road map. Folks, please believe that Its democracy that is our key to success"
As these words were uttered, She stood from her seat and greeted me in her arms as i approached her on her gesture while returning down from the stage. She kissed me at my forehead and wished me.
She exchanged contact numbers with me. Whole hall cheered up. It was really excellent experience to see such affection and love from the guests and other people. Then after, while distributing prizes, she too called my Mom at the stage. And handed over Certificate and cash of 20000 rupees to my Mom. Media was surrounding me. PTV reporter took my snapshot. Local FM radio Power 99 took my comments and interview. It was a fine and first experience for me as a celebrity. Madam Tehmina, me and my mom, while standing besides each other got the eyes of cameras. And pictures were captured, if i get those shots, then i will like to share here.
In short, it was excellent

nadeem501

محفلین
" Is Democracy Best System for Governance"

i think u need to arrange a party after getting that cash award and it was nice to know about compliments of tehmina daultana :)