الف نظامی

لائبریرین
شاید ، مرزا عبد القادر بیدل کے مداحوں کے لیے یہ خبر اہم ہو:

AN evening with poet and scholar Syed Naeem Hamid Ali was held at the Pakistan Arts Council last Sunday. Hamid Ali was not a name familiar to many people at a mushaira held at the council about a fortnight back in which he had taken part.

Prof Saher Ansari had advised his colleagues on the occasion that the poet needed to be properly introduced to the Karachi audience. That is how last Sunday’s sitting came about.

Hamid Ali has been living in Madina for the last 50 years where he is recognized as a Persian language scholar, a researcher in Islamic heritage, and a learned person who can provide an understanding of Pakistan.

Born in Muradabad in 1945, Ali’s family came to Pakistan in 1950. He was eight when the family moved to Saudi Arabia. What is remarkable about him is his study of the life and poetry of that most fastidious of poets, Mirza Abdul Qadir Bedil, whom Ghalib, despite his intellectual arrogance, called Moheet-be-Sahil — an ocean without a shore.

At the Arts Council, Ali recited some translations from Bedil, done meticulously in poetic form. He also presented his own ghazals from his poetry collection Ukaz-i-Ghazal. His first collection of ghazals, Paiker-i-Naghma, was published around 12 years back.

He has also compiled Kulliyat-i-Bedil, which includes the poet’s literary notes, and looked far and wide to unearth Bedil’s disciples to gather more information about the great master who is venerated equally in Afghanistan, Iran and other Persian-speaking nations.

Hamid Ali has founded an Urdu library in Saudi Arabia which contains rare books and manuscripts, including manuscript form the Persian verses of Munshi Har Gopal Tufta, Ghalib’s disciple. He is liberal in providing photocopies of valuable articles at his own cost to various institutions. The founding of the first Urdu paper in Saudi Arabia is another of Ali’s achievements. He also takes an active interest in holding mushairas in the kingdom.

The Arts Council function, which was scheduled to begin at 6pm, started at 8.30pm, to the agony of many, but who cares. Such delays are perhaps part of our cultural scene.​

بحوالہ:
An evening with a researcher in Islamic heritage