Postnuke .762 urdu translation.

nrafi

محفلین
i would like to statr tranlating postnuke .762 into urdu. i will start core package into urdu and would need suggestions and possible some other persons to start adons translation.

Best Regards,

Nadeem Rafi

زیک

مسافر
پوسٹ‌نیوک کے ترجمے کے لئے po فائلیں ہیں یا کوئی اور فارمیٹ ہے؟ یا ہر فائل کے اندر ترجمہ کرنا پڑتا ہے؟

nrafi

محفلین
i would prefer a plugin system, so that original languages along with Urdu will be avialable. So that users can switch b/w the languages.

For mods it has to check and i am afraid may be along with language files we have to write inlines also.

Any how, i am facing problem that when i save file after translation and re open file translated text mingles up at few points. I would request phonix keyboard support for XP, i have this before but i missed files some where in my hard disk, quite huge capacity i have around half Tb collectively.

Best Regards,

Nadeem Rafi

زیک

مسافر
[align=left:42e371be28][eng:42e371be28]Are you saying that there is no localization framework in [s:42e371be28]PHP-Nuke[/s:42e371be28] postnuke? For example, in phpBB, there are language files that you translate all the messages in and in WordPress you translate the messages given in a PO file which is created using gettext.[/eng:42e371be28][/align:42e371be28]

nrafi

محفلین
post nuke have language files seperated inits own directory and variables for Urdu are declared already.
only prb. will be for ad ons which are poorly written or dont follow the fram work.Post nuke is an off shoot of phpnuke and personally i think will be more mature in very near future.

Best Regards,

nrafi

محفلین
// locale defines
define('_CHARSET','ISO-8859-1');
define('_LOCALE','en_US');
define('_LOCALEWIN', 'eng');

this is for english what will be substitue for urud, we need to agree upon these three so that we all can go with one standard.

Best Regards,

Nadeem Rafi

nrafi

محفلین
Hi, Friends,[align=left:1edaf50980]

Since long time there is now work on this project, i have found that postnuke is not that powerful CMS as compared to Joomla.
So i think working on PostNuke is not that optimal as working on Joomla.

Best Regards[/align:1edaf50980]

نبیل

تکنیکی معاون
[align=left:01cf5be347][eng:01cf5be347]Dear nrafi,

Every CMS has its domain of applications depending upon its set of features and extensibility. PostNuke may not be as powerful as Joomla, but Joomla also has its limitations. Somebody might actually find PostNuke useful for deploying a website.

A friend of us, Jahanzeb, has already translated a lot of PostNuke modules but I have not come around to creating a complete Urdu PostNuke package.

Regards,[/eng:01cf5be347][/align:01cf5be347]