I was remiss in my “last post”:http://urdu.zackvision.com/archives/2005/06/001317.html in not thanking “Nabeel”:http://simunaqv.blogspot.com/ and “Asif”:http://www.sovereign-renditions.info/ for their help, both monetary and otherwise.
Now that we have setup hosting, let’s start the process of moving and creating content. My ideas are given below. Feel free to disagree or suggest anything else.
* *Urdu Planet* has already been moved “here”:http://www.urduweb.org/planet/. I have set up redirects in the .htaccess file in the old location so that it forwards to the new one.
* *Urdu Wiki* is currently “here”:http://www.urduweb.org/wiki/. _Asif_, can you copy it over to the following URL: @http://www.urduweb.org/wiki/@? .htaccess redirect should be easy but I am not sure if it is possible in the current hosting setup of Urdu Wiki. I would be willing to help Asif make the move.
* *This blog* has to be converted to WordPress 1.5 and moved to Urduweb with the following URL: @http://www.urduweb.org/blog/@. _Danial_ and _Asif_, both of you have experience with WP1.5 and have customized it for bilingual blogging. So I need your help here.
* *Software* includes the utilities and tools developed by _Nabeel_ as well as _Asif’s_ fonts package and _Qadeer’s_ localization of phpBB for Urdu. Can you guys come up with a decent folder organization under @http://www.urduweb.org/software/@?
* *Urdu Forum* needs to be created at @http://www.urduweb.org/forum/@. _Qadeer_ and _Nabeel_ should be able to take care of that. I can help if needed.
* *Main page* is to be another WordPress 1.5 driven site with links to all the sections as well as some periodic content like a blog. The “Pages feature”:http://codex.wordpress.org/pages of WordPress should also come in handy here. Since WP1.5 is involved, _Asif_ and _Danial_ would be needed. _Nabeel_ has expressed interest before in the sort of content we should put here. So this one is a group thing.
* *Urdu Blogs Directory* needs to be reorganized and set up properly in one location. Right now, we have a list on the main page of this blog, a webring, a list on the Urdu Wiki as well as one on Urdu Planet. All of these need to be combined and a system needs to be set up for them to be easily updated and new blogs added. I take responsibility for this. This blog directory will be located at @http://www.urduweb.org/directory/@.
* *Site Design* is also very important. All of the subsites and pages of Urduweb should have a distinctive but similar design in terms of colors and other presentational/CSS features. This requires someone with knowledge of CSS as well as someone with a good artistic sense for the web. I am definitely not that person. Any volunteers?
If anyone is interested in contributing and helping out, please let me know so that I can give you the needed access to the urduweb account. In addition to the work required setting up the site, we’ll definitely need continuous work in keeping it current and interesting. So any help is welcome and appreciated.